Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Toastmasters Guests/New Members Resources

I attended a meeting today at a club that has more than 20 members. However, only 2 members were present - both of them new - plus 6 guests! It was my area visit. Nobody knew what to do, there was no agenda, no roles filed, anything. I guess it was because of the summer time.

Anyway, the guests and even new members had some questions and after the meeting I sent them a bunch of resources. I thought that it would be a good idea to start collecting resources for guests and new members. It would be very easy to just provide a single link to all the guests. If the situation that happened today happens again, every member that attended the last meeting would be able to share that link with the guests.

Most of the Toastmasters resources are free in digital form. There are also websites and online resources that are not included on the Toastmasters International website nor the District 36 website. I hope that I will collect most of them here. I will create a page with all the resources soon.

I will definitely include:
All About Toastmasters
New Member Form
Ice-Breaker Speech
Toastmasters International website
Toastmasters International Video Library
District 36 website
District 36 Facebook page
YouTube Channel with the previous World Champions in Public Speaking
Toastmasters blogs


Do you have any Toastmasters resources that you think would be helpful for guests/new Toastmasters? Share them in the comments below! The new resource page is coming soon... Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment